Monday, April 2, 2018

*Review* Happy Holidays Barbie Doll 1989 πŸŽ„

Today the doll I'm reviewing is super old... No offense Barbie, hopefully she doesn't read this post! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰

I got this 1989 Holiday Barbie doll in a lot that came with two other dolls. Disney's Holiday Princess 1998 Snow White Doll and Millennium Princess Teresa doll.
I already reviewed the Snow White doll here. Stay tuned for the Millennium Princess Teresa doll review to come!! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰
First off to start this review we are going to take a look at her in the box! The front clear display of this box has yellowed probably from sitting in the sun or age. I really like the older Barbie dolls and their boxes, the older Barbies were made better and have a lot more quality to them! Unfortunately the older the doll is the box starts falling apart with age and the rubber bands melt in Barbie's hair! πŸ˜›πŸ˜±

Here is the back of the box. Love the photograph of Barbie!

This pamphlet was taped in the back of the box it is an old Barbie pamphlet showing some of the dolls from around 1989 to farther back in the 80's.

Super Star Barbie and Ken look so cool! 🌟

Barbie really got spoiled! She got a Ferrari and a pool!

Here is the other side of the pamphlet.




These are the accessories that come with Christmas Barbie.

She even comes with a Christmas ornament it's plastic but it's still pretty!  

The back of the snowflake ornament is dated 1989 and has Barbie's name.

Barbie out of the box. She is wearing a beautiful white ballgown! πŸ’–This Christmas Barbie doll has the basic articulation bent arms, and rubber click knees. Which isn't really any articulation at all! πŸ˜… 

A closeup of her face. Barbie has a snowflake hair accessory at the top of her head that is tied with a red ribbon in the back. The rubber band that ties her hairstyle melted, but the snowflake is still holding it together! Barbie's blonde hair almost reaches her elbows and it still holds a slight curl. She has red earrings that match with her necklace and ring.  


Barbie's necklace is held in place with plastic that can be removed. Her dress is sleeveless, and the bodice of her dress had a few glitter stars on it but they sort of faded. πŸ˜•

A closer look at Barbie's ring. Her faux fur wrap is separate from the rest of her dress.

Barbie's outfit consists of three pieces, a glitter underskirt, a faux fur wrap, and her dress trimmed with faux fur.

Here is a look of how Barbie looks without wearing the Glitter underskirt and faux fur wrap. Although I think she looks a lot better with the whole outfit together! 😊😍

A look at the back of her dress.

I thought this photo of Barbie looked like the front of an old Christmas card. πŸŽ„ If  you have any questions or comments let me know in the comment section down below and thanks for reading! 😘 What do you all think of this beautiful Barbie doll?!

5 comments:

Quinley said...

Awesome review!:) I enjoyed reading it, and the Holiday barbie is beautiful.
-Quinley

A Focus on the Cute said...

Aww 😊 thank you so much, Quinley for your sweet comment! I’m so glad you enjoyed this post! πŸ’• I will make sure to tell Barbie you said that she is beautiful. πŸ˜‰

Meritre said...

Great review! She is really pretty, especially in the last picture, the "Postcard".
Her face actually reminds me of the first Barbie doll I had as a child. SHe had the same brushmould and tha sam simple high heels only they were bright Barbie pink.

A Focus on the Cute said...

Thank you so much, Meritre! So glad you enjoyed reading this post! ☺️ Yes the Barbie postcard photo is really pretty! Thanks for noticing, I wanted to edit the picture to give it a retro or vintage feel! πŸ’ŒπŸŽ„
Aww really?! I wonder which Barbie you owned. I really enjoy the older Barbies they have such better quality! πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰

Meritre said...

I was so sure I already answered and now I see I didn't..
I had an Ibiza Barbie, a doll only sold in Europe.