Thursday, April 12, 2018

Madame Alexander Doll Redo/Customization

Well hello there...  πŸ˜‡
My name is Grace and today I am going to show all of you my transformation! πŸ˜„ Okay now I'm going to let Mrs. Daisy take over. Thanks Grace, 😊hey everyone it's Mrs. Daisy! 🌼Grace was my daughter's very first, much loved, 18 inch doll who needed a new wig! πŸ˜±πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ

 This is how Grace looked before her transformation. Her hair was super frizzy because we were using a cheap plastic brush on Grace's hair ! πŸ˜’Who knew?

Grace is an original Madame Alexander doll from the Mia Bella line that was sold as a Toys“R”Us exclusive. You can see from the picture above her hair used to be longer 😭 We had to cut it because it got so unmanageable that it couldn't be brushed!

The restoration process started with a total snipping off of all of Grace's hair. There are several ways you could do this restoration process and this is how I did it.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

One way I could have done this was to plug her hair but I choose to use a wig instead that I had bought several years ago. πŸ˜… If you look at her head she has brown paint where her hair once was. Now you could remove the paint and then glue on the wig but I didn't. 😏

The rest of the hair was plucked out by using tweezers. Covering the brown painted areas in the back of the head and around the ears was a challenge which took a lot of patience. When I glued the wig it was a bit tricky near the ears so I had to do it slowly and it took me several days to complete. What a cute little face. 😊 Love the Madame Alexander face mold with the closed mouth so cute.
Grace's wig is unfortunately not very good quality as the Beautifully Custom wig on our last custom Arwen. Even if you do small hairstyles you can see some bald spots. This wig has big gaps in between each hair plug seam. πŸ˜’πŸ˜­ I know it might be hard to understand but if you own an American Girl doll and look at their wig it would be more understandable.

Grace's wig is from Britlyn Madison a doll wig shop that closed a while back. The name of this wig is called Unicorn and I absolutely love all of the pretty pastel colors! πŸ˜πŸ¦„ This beautiful wig is mostly white but her hair has streaks of light colors throughout it. πŸŒˆπŸ•‡πŸ’™ There is four delightful colors in this wig a soft touch of yellow, pink, purple, and light blue.  

 The dress is from My Life As... the doll brand at Walmart. Grace's dress is absolutely stunning and it even matches her unicorn wig and the dress is so sparkly!! πŸŒˆπŸ¦„✨ 

I wanted to share a Bible scripture with all of you... 🌼 Hebrews 4:16
"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." πŸŒΌπŸ•‡
Hope you all enjoyed this post. What do all of you think about Grace?! Let me know in the comments down below and thanks for reading! 😘


7 comments:

Meritre said...

Her somewhat darker skin really makes her almost white hair pop.
Unicorn is a perfecz name for that wig.
She's really beautiful!

Meritre said...

Forgot to mention that the last picture of her is the best - with the rose she looks like a fairy that makes the flowers bloom. :)

Quinley said...

Grace looks beautiful in her new wig!:)
-Quinley

A Focus on the Cute said...

Thank you so much, Meritre! 😘 I am so glad you enjoyed this post! πŸ’œπŸ¦„

A Focus on the Cute said...

Aww thank you so much, Meritre!! 😊 I never thought of it that way but Grace does look like a fairy! 🌸

A Focus on the Cute said...

Aww thanks, Quinley! πŸ’•πŸŒΌ

Quinley said...

I was wondering if you had a Blog button, if you do I would love to swap, but if you don't I would love to make one for you!:)
-Quinley