Saturday, May 12, 2018

Toys"R"Us Exclusive Madame Alexander Captain America Fan Girl πŸ’™❤️ Doll... a Comparison Review!


Hey everyone,
The Avengers Infinity War movie came out on April 27th so I had to do a Marvel post!! πŸ˜„πŸ˜ Today I have an amazing doll to review for all of you!! πŸ˜‰ I bet you didn't know but I am a big fan of Marvel, I'm not a fan of all their movies. One of my favorite Marvel characters would have to be Captain America! ❤️πŸ’™πŸ‘ŠThat's why when I heard that Madame Alexander made this doll and four other characters themed around some of Marvel's famous superheroes, I had to at least get Miss Captain America!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜

Here is the artwork for all of the Marvel Fan girl characters that were created into dolls. Don't these girls look so cool?! 😎πŸ’₯πŸ’ͺ I got this image from Madame Alexander and you can find more info on these dolls here. This doll line is only exclusively sold at Toys"R"Us, which is so sad because they are closing all of their stores! 😭

Now these Madame Alexander dolls were quite pricey... They were $50 a piece and for some reason they raised the price on the Black Panther doll to $80 which was very annoying! πŸ˜’Since these Fan Girl dolls were quite expensive I decided to wait and see if they would go on sale. Although I didn't expect them to go on sale anytime soon but then Toys"R"Us announced that they were closing their doors. I actually got this Fan Girl Captain America doll for a very good price! 😱😍 Sorry for babbling so much! πŸ˜… I am just so excited that I got this doll and at a very good price too! πŸ˜„ Now let's get into this review! πŸ˜‰

I really like the design of Cap's box. πŸ’™ I forgot to mention that I decided to name this Fan Girl Liberty. πŸ—½πŸ’– A perfectly fitting and very pretty name don't you think?! 😊 Instead of calling her Madame Alexander Fan Girl Captain America doll!! Quite a long name so I decided to name her Liberty or Cap for her nickname.

Anyways on the right side of her box she has a silhouette of Captain America's shield. ★

The left side of the box you can see her portrait. She has such a pretty face!

The back of this Fan Girl's box.

Here is a closer look at the design and inspiration for Cap's costume.

I really like their description on being a Marvel Fan Girl up until it says " They are your reason for being." I do admire these superheroes but I certainly don't believe that these heroines are my reason for being! Jesus Christ is my reason for being! I live to serve Jesus and want to be more like him!! πŸ˜‡πŸ•‡  

First thing out of the box is a clear doll stand that says Fan Girl in fancy letters on the base of the stand.

The stand is made of three pieces that you do have to put together and it comes with a slip of paper showing you how to assemble it. 
Although the first piece of the doll stand the saddle part,
(that goes in between the doll's legs) is hard to put together. At first I didn't push the saddle part all the way into the stand piece and my doll was floating in the air as you can see above. 😬
Then when I pushed that saddle piece all the way which was very hard to do because it almost seems like you are going to break that small piece! πŸ˜’ Cap's boots are now standing flat against the base of the stand. Anyways besides the stand issue let's have a full view of Liberty's patriotic outfit. She can stand on her own without her stand if you balance her just right. πŸ˜‰

Here I have a picture of Captain America that I got off of Google next to my Fan Girl doll inspired by Cap. πŸ’– Looking at these two next to each other, Madame Alexander did a very nice job on her outfit. Although I kind of wish they added some stars or at least a shield! πŸ˜’ I guess I'm going to have to make her a shield myself!πŸ˜πŸ˜… Anyways let's move on to take a closer look at her patriotic attire! πŸ’™

Here is a close up of her absolutely gorgeous face! 😍 Liberty has beautiful blue eyes,πŸ’™rooted eyelashes, and coral lips.  

She has lovely golden hair with both of her side bangs sewn to the rest of her hair. Unfortunately her side bangs have left a bad gel stain under her chin and around other places on her face. πŸ˜’ I will probably have to wash her face after this review, dolls don't like having gel on their faces! 😜

This girl has her hair put up into a braided bun. Her navy blue headband has elastic in it so you could take it off if you wanted to. She also has Madame Alexander stamped on the back of her neck.

Her navy blue shirt is a nice shiny Polyester and it matches with her headband. 

Cap's white under shirt is unfortunately sewn together with her navy blue shirt so it is not separate. She also has a tag sewn into her shirt as well. 
Her faux leather gloves or should I say sleeves?! πŸ˜… They go up to her shoulders and all the way down to her hand.

One side of the sleeve is hemmed and the other side isn't. The sleeves also have white lining inside of them, probably so they won't stain your doll. I was quite pleased and very surprised that her sleeves didn't stain her hands or her arms.

Liberty's skirt is made of sheer material which comprised of a skirt and very long train. Cap's skirt has a white lining sewn inside the top portion of her outfit.πŸ’–it.
Her faux leather belt has a small sliver shield and it is a separate piece from the skirt. The tiny shield is a sliver plastic.

The skirt without the belt. I think the belt adds a really nice detail to her whole outfit. 

A view of how everything Velcros in the back.

Aren't Cap's boots awesome?! πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜… They are knee high WW1 Army style boots. The boots have a slit and a fastener in the back. Her boots are plastic but they look so realistic! Unfortunately these boots are very hard to take off and put back on the doll's feet! Since I was pulling on the boots to get them off, it made her knee joints really weak! πŸ˜’ 
Cap's tights match with her headband and shirt. These tights weren't easy to get off either! 😐

Fan Girl Captain America is 13" inches tall without wearing her boots and without measuring her tall bun. She has articulation at the shoulders, elbows, wrists, legs, and knees. 

Her hands can be removed just like Ever After High doll hands, so it is easier to put on Cap's faux red leather sleeves.

Surprisingly Liberty sits very nice in a Barbie doll chair however it is a bit small for her. πŸ˜…

Barbie looks so tiny next to Cap! πŸ˜…

My Disney singing Rapunzel doll with Miss Captain America. πŸ’œπŸŒΈ

My beautiful Disney Limited Edition Frozen Fever Elsa doll next to Cap. I reviewed Elsa quite a while ago, you can check it out Here.

She can fit in some Barbie doll clothes that stretch, however it is very short on her since she is not the same height as Barbie. This Care Bear dress goes perfectly with her beautiful blue eyes it's so sad that the dress is too short on her!😭

That is the end of this review I hope you all enjoyed it! What do you think of Miss America?! 😊 Let me know in the comments down below and thanks for reading! 😘
 

4 comments:

Quinley said...

Awesome review!:) The captain America fangirl doll looks so pretty (she actually kind of reminds me of Cinderella.)
-Quinley

Meritre said...

She has such a pretty face!
That's really sad about Toys"R"Us :( I hope you can grab some nice things before it's gone forever,
Great review!

A Focus on the Cute said...

Aww, thanks Quinley!! 😊 I know Liberty is such a pretty doll! 😍 She sort of does have a Cinderella look to her since Liberty's hair is in a bun and she has beautiful blue eyes!πŸ’™πŸ˜‰

A Focus on the Cute said...

Yes, Liberty has such a pretty face! πŸ˜πŸ’™ I know!! I couldn't believe Toys"R"Us is closing all of their stores!! 😭 Yup I did grab a few items that I am going to review soon! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰ Aww thanks, Meritre!πŸ’–